19 Food & Drink Product Development Innovators Reveal Insights Into The Hottest Trends & Innovations That Are The Perfect Recipe For Profitable NPD!
Inspiring, Consumer-Driven, Commercially-Successful Food & Drink New Product Development: Insights Into The Latest Consumer-Led Health Trends, Plant-Based Innovations, Free-From, Retailer & Convenience Insights & Sustainable Product Development To Deliver Stand-Out, Profit-Boosting NPD & Product Innovations.
A Brand-Led, One-Day Conference & Networking Event, 30th June 2021, Amsterdam Or Via Live Stream. Download the brochure here >>
08.30 Registration, Morning Coffee & Objective Setting
09:00 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
A HEALTHIER BUSINESS
09.20 Balancing Health Trends With Commercial & Operational Realities
- Successfully translate the latest health trends into market-leading NPD which pushes the health agenda and guarantees sales
- Capitalise on the right health trends for your products to drive nutritional value and satisfy consumer demand
- Are consumers all talk? Decipher the health trends that customers are actually buying into to align development and boost profit
Speaker to be announced.
09.40 Capitalise On The Plant-Based Trend To Create Profitable Plant-Based Foods With Mass Appeal
- Texture, flavour, taste: break the limits of what is achievable within plant-based for products that will fly-off-the-shelf
- Do the numbers add up? Market insights into the truth about consumer purchasing habits when it comes to plant-based products
- A whole new world! Explore new protein alternatives, replacements and ingredients that will innovate your plant-based NPD portfolio
- Vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian: top tips for expanding your product appeal across as many markets as possible
Antje Schubert, Managing Director, Western Europe, Nomad Foods
ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS & FREE-FROM
10.00 Break-Out Discussions
A) Protein Alternatives
HOW AI CONNECTS THE DOTS TO PREDICT THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD TRENDS OF THE FUTURE
11.00 In this session you will:
• Deep dive into the key Snacking innovation trends and territories Black Swan Data is predicting to grow in +2022
• Understand how Social Prediction technology unlocks the world’s biggest focus group: the internet, to identify, decode and predict new trends
• See the tools and metrics being used by companies like PepsiCo, Colgate and P&G to utilise this capability and fuel smarter, faster new product innovation programmes
Camilla Carson, Executive Director of Client Partnerships, Black Swan Data
Gianna Tommasi, Senior Insights Consultant, Black Swan Data
11.30 Get The Seal Of Approval With Sustainable NPD Which Meets Environmental Considerations & Still Drives Commercial Success
- From Greta to Blue Planet: it’s more than reducing plastic! Consider everything from food waste, miles, carbon and water footprint on your journey towards sustainability
- What does it take to position your brand as sustainable? Explore innovative ways to boost sustainability within your NPD portfolio
- Can you go full circle? Determine the strategic steps needed to strive towards a circular economy
- When it comes to sustainability, a little can go a long way. How can you drive sustainability from NPD to the overall business?
Grégory Faure, Innovation Controller – Continental Europe, Princes Ltd
How Pricing Can Make or Break your NPD Launch
- Selecting new product pricing that maximises revenue
- Avoiding product cannibalisation
- Differences in price sensitivity by SKU/brand
- Price barriers, including budget and psychological pricing constraints
- Differences in behaviour by type of consumer (users vs. considerers)
Nicole Teh, Director Of Strategic Partnerships, Conjoint.ly
CONSUMER & SHOPPER DEMANDS - Panel Debate
12.10 Deep-Dive Into The Mind Of The Consumer! Align Your Strategy With The Latest Consumer Demands & Shopper Behaviours For Winning NPD & Guaranteed Sales
- Leverage data into consumer and shopper behaviours to ensure your products are directly on trend – and have the numbers to prove it
- You can’t predict the future but how can you ensure your products survive the rapidly changing trends and interests of consumers?
- Separate the big winners from the big disappointments...which key trends can be drawn from consumer opinion and which will actually convert into shopping sales?
- Stay ahead of the curve and explore emerging flavour, ingredient, nutritional and consumer trends to drive NPD and business success
Ricardo Piccolo, Category Director (Infant & Medical Food) Continental Europe, Kraft Heinz
Daria Mai, Head of Product, Honest Food Company
Sara De Angelis, Southern Europe Marketing Director, Délifrance
12.40 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
13.10 Informal Breakout Discussions
13.40 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Hadrien Cadiou, Global R&D Senior Consumer Scientist, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE)
NPD SUCCESS - Case Study
13.50 Convert Light-Bulb Moments Into Products On The Shelf With That 'Straight-In-My-Basket' NPD Success
- Keep consumers at the heart of your product innovation with data-led NPD that capitalises on the right trends and gets people talking
- Is there a formula for rapid success? Avoid lengthy product lifecycles with speedy, successful product development that converts trends into profits
- It’s okay to be picky! Determine the long-term trends that are worth significant investment
- Create an exciting story around your product which resonates with retailers and consumers in an increasingly crowded market
Emanuel Gavert, Inventor – SnackFutures, Mondelēz International
KEY-MARKET TRENDS & INNOVATIONS - Panel Debate
14.10 Identify Key Market Trends That Drive Commercially-Successful Products & Excite Consumers With Impressive Innovations Which Boost Sales
- Be first to market with forward-thinking strategies that convert insights into quick wins in-store and online
- From tech to new ingredients, from regulation to claims, what are the latest factors coming your way - and how can you navigate them with success?
- Go global! Look beyond your own borders for different future trends and prepare for what is on the horizon
Scott Peppel, Director, Food Innovation, Starbucks
Lisa Whitworth, Customer Marketing Director – Northern Europe, Diageo
Ricardo Piccolo, Category Director (Infant & Medical Food) Continental Europe, Kraft Heinz
Erika Ollen, Founder, GNISTA
PACKAGING & PLASTIC
14.40 Is The Food & Drink Industry Delivering On Its Packaging Promise? Approaching Packaging Solutions Which Appease Eco-Conscious Consumers, Limit Confusion, Are Cost-Effective & Reduce Environmental Impact
- Educate consumers to understand the packaging price point – are they willing to pay more to protect the environment
- Explore conflicting ideas around packaging within the food and drink industry to ensure clearer communication between all parties
- How much do consumers really understand and what can the industry do to limit confusion?
- Get up-to-date insights on the journey to reduce, reuse and recycle packaging across the industry
Patrick Lesueur, Group R&D Director, Bonduelle
15.00 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Conference Partner. For more information on how to get involved, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
15.30 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
LOW-SUGAR INNOVATIONS - Double Perspective
16.00 It’s Not Going Anywhere! Explore Innovative Ways To Incorporate The Long-Standing Sugar Reduction Trend Into Your NPD Portfolio
- What are the latest tools and solutions that will assist your portfolio in its journey towards sugar reduction?
- Where does opinion lie on artificial vs natural sugars and which should you be adding to your ingredients list?
- Translate consumer health trends with products which meet low-sugar claims and will drive sales
16.00 Alvaro Vela, Marketing Director, Starbucks Spain & Portugal
16.20 Jaap Matthijsen, International Director, A.G. Barr p.l.c, United Kingdom
SNACKING & CONVENIENCE
16.40 Is Your NPD Good To Go? Deliver Products That Meet The Needs Of Time-Poor Consumers & Capitalise On Consumer Demands
- Healthy + convenient = guaranteed sales! What are the other checkpoints your product portfolio should hit to make its mark on the on-the-move market?
- Innovate your products and expand your portfolio with convenient products which tick all the boxes for consumers
- How are consumer lifestyles driving change in convenience space of food and drink? Identify gaps in the markets for products that will stand-out in a growing space
Speaker To Be Announced. Please Check The Website For Updates.
17.00 Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
Can You Help Drive Food & Drink NPD & Innovation? For more information on how speak, exhibit or arrange one-to-one meetings at this market-leading conference, please call +44 (0) 20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com.
Book Your Exhibition Stand & 2 Delegate Passes Before Thursday 20th August & Save Up To €1,000! Please note that we have a limited amount of exhibition stand space available and stands will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 for more information.